Our mission as a full-service financial institution is to continuously strive to provide our members with an ever-growing range of quality products and services mixed with one-on-one personal attention that everyone deserves, all while maintaining a safe and sound credit union.
With only 10 Federal government employees and 70 dollars, Allegent Community Federal Credit Union, formerly known as Allegheny Co. (PA) U.S. Government Employees Federal Credit Union, was chartered on March 7, 1935. Since 1935, the credit union has grown to over 14,000 members and over 158 million in assets. The original credit union office was situated in the United States Post Office and Courthouse Building on Grant Street. The credit union relocated when the William S. Moorehead Federal Building was built. Because of our tremendous growth, we made the decision to move again in 1991 to our present location in Liberty Center. Since moving to Liberty Center, we have added ATM access to all PNC® Bank ATMs.
In October of 2006, we progressed to a community charter, which allowed us to offer membership to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Allegheny County and officially changed our name to Allegent Community Federal Credit Union. In 2009 we started the Keystone Lending Alliance with four other area credit unions, which allows our members to obtain a car loan right at the dealership.
In 2010, we opened our second branch in Franklin Park, PA. The Franklin Park branch location allows us to offer new services to members, such as, a drive-thru service and ATM, safe deposit boxes and expanded weekday and Saturday hours.
As of October 2014 Eastern Pittsburgh Bell Federal Credit Union merged with Allegent. As a result of the merger, we were able to provide a third branch on Rodi Road in Penn Hills and become more accessible to our members in the Eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh.